In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Mortgage Intelligence Inc. wishes to make available our customer service policy:
Mortgage Intelligence Inc. is committed to providing services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
USE OF SERVICE ANIMALS AND SUPPORT PERSONS
Persons with disabilities may enter any Mortgage Intelligence office accompanied by a service animal and keep the animal with them, if the public has access to such premises, and the animal is not otherwise excluded by law. While visiting, it is the responsibility of the person with a service animal to control the animal at all times.
In the event an Mortgage Intelligence employee or clients is allergic to animals, alternative arrangements will be negotiated.
If a customer with a disability is accompanied by a support person, Mortgage Intelligence will ensure that both persons are allowed to enter the premises together and may have access to that support person at all times.
There may be times where seating and availability prevent the customer and support person from sitting beside each other. In these situations, Mortgage Intelligence will make every reasonable attempt to resolve the issue.
Consent from the person with a disability is required when communicating private issues related to the person with a disability, in the presence of a support person.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
Mortgage Intelligence will make reasonable effort to provide customers with notice in the event of a disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, and its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. We may not be able to give advance notice in case of an emergency disruption.
When disruptions occur Mortgage Intelligence & Mortgage Intelligence will provide notice by:
- posting notices in conspicuous places including at the point of disruption, at the main entrance and the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption and/or on the Mortgage Intelligence website;
- contacting customers with appointments;
- verbally notifying customers when they are making a reservation or appointment; or
- by any other method that may be reasonable under the circumstances
Mortgage Intelligence will ensure that all persons to whom this policy applies receive training as required by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. In addition, training will be provided on a continuous basis to all newly hired employees as part of our onboarding process.
A record of training received by Mortgage Intelligence employees will be kept by the human resources department. Training will include:
- The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005;
- The requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/08;
- Instructions on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use assistive devices or require the assistance of a service animal or support person;
- Instructions on what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing your services.
- Information about Mortgage Intelligence policies, procedures and practices pertaining to providing accessible customer service to customers with disabilities.
Mortgage Intelligence welcomes feedback, including feedback about the delivery of our services to persons with disabilities. Mortgage Intelligence will investigate and respond to all complaints relating to such services in a timely, thorough and objective manner. All customers can submit feedback or questions to 905.283.3382 or by email at email@example.com.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS OR OTHER POLICIES
Mortgage Intelligence is committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Mortgage Intelligence retains the right to amend or change this policy at any time; however, any such change will only be made after considering the impact on people with disabilities.
For more information:
Click here to download a PDF copy of the AODA Customer Service Policy